Low FPS in any spec.

ursinho

Re: Low FPS in any spec.

Postby ursinho » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:36 pm

did not work,I disabled Windows Defender, and copy. not work
my characters throws many missiles at a time will be so?

[HT]Benjamin
Programmer

Postby [HT]Benjamin » Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:36 pm

I'm running out of ideas here. Maybe the file is corrupted in a way that Steam doesn't detect. I uploaded the original DLL here: http://happy-tuesday.com/HauntedIsland/ ... Native.dll

Try to replace the DLL in your install directory with this one (both locations, i.e. C:/Steam/steamapps/common/Hero Defense - Haunted Island/HauntedIsland_Data/Plugins/HappyNative.dll and C:/Steam/steamapps/common/Hero Defense - Haunted Island/HappyNative.dll).

If that doesn't work, can you think of anything that is unusual about your PC? Software you installed, OS version, language, anything that might be rare enough that none of our other players would have it?

ursinho

Postby ursinho » Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:13 am

did not work, give up, I started a new game the fps to this playable more as they acquire more missiles the fps starts to fall ... i'll cry

[HT]Benjamin
Programmer

Postby [HT]Benjamin » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:11 pm

I just created a beta branch on Steam that contains the version before the problem occurred. To access it, right-click on Hero Defense in your Steam library, then click on Properties. Go to the BETAS tab. In the password field, enter "ursinhoTesting". This will add the v0.1.9 branch to the dropdown menu. Select it, then wait for Steam to update the game.

If the problem also occurs in v0.1.9, then it must be some issue with your computer. Otherwise, I will have to look through all the changes we made between 0.1.9 and 0.2.0 to find the culprit.

Don't give up, we'll figure this out.

ursinho

Postby ursinho » Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:50 am

not work
Attachments
HauntedIsland.7z
my save game
(141.75 KiB) Downloaded 182 times

[HT]Benjamin
Programmer

Postby [HT]Benjamin » Mon May 02, 2016 12:34 pm

Let's reiterate what we know:
  • The performance was ok before the 0.2.0 patch
  • Then you started having the problems and wrote the bug report here
  • You still have the same problems after reverting to 0.1.9

Since the game worked fine on 0.1.9 before, and now it doesn't anymore, the problem can't be caused by changes in the game. Something else must have changed on your system. Did you install any other programs in the first week of April? New antivirus, firewall, etc? Did you upgrade to Windows 10 just then and played on an earlier Windows version before? Did any other programs start acting strangely or stop working?

ursinho

Postby ursinho » Tue May 03, 2016 3:37 am

the only thing that changed was that I had formatted the pc. had nothing installed and the problem occurred, No use anti vírus third party, i use only Windows defender

[HT]Benjamin
Programmer

Postby [HT]Benjamin » Tue May 03, 2016 11:50 am

Ah, you did this on a fresh Windows installation? Could you try to install the Visual Studio 2013 Redistributable Package?

ursinho

Postby ursinho » Mon May 16, 2016 12:31 am

did not work visual studios, had even given up, but today 15/05 I decided to play, and the game now this smooth, the locked/choking stopped, will be the last updated?

Return to “Bug Reports”