Blocker: Can't run the game under Windows 10 Home 64-bit

MaxS

Blocker: Can't run the game under Windows 10 Home 64-bit

Postby MaxS » Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:09 am

After starting the game via the launcher or the HauntedIsland.exe under Windows 10 Home 64-bit, the "Splash Screen" with the five characters is displayed, saying "tap screen to start". After I click, the curtain closes and the loading Animation appears at the bottom of the screen. At this point the game hangs "forever" (after 5 Minutes I killed game process) and never finishes loading. There was the same behaviour for all Alpha Reases I've had access to (which are 3, 4 and 5).

Steps to reproduce [Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 10240)]:
1) Download and unzip launcher
2) Run HauntedIsland.cmd
3) Wait until Download is completed and game is started
4) Click left mouse button when message "tap screen to start" is displayed0
Attachments
Feedback.log
(80.48 KiB) Downloaded 182 times
DxDiag.txt
(70.14 KiB) Downloaded 192 times

[HT]Benjamin
Programmer

Re: Blocker: Can't run the game under Windows 10 Home 64-bit

Postby [HT]Benjamin » Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:34 am

The log says that it can't load muParser.dll, which should be included in the installation. Can you please check what files you see under bin\HauntedIsland_Data\Plugins? There should be HappyNative.dll and muParser.dll.

MaxS

Postby MaxS » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:47 pm

Actually the log says that it can't load MuParser.dll (with capital 'M') which should make no difference under Windows... Under bin\HauntedIsland_Data\Plugins I see HappyNative.dll (44,5KB) and muParser.dll (439KB). I did a clean install with the ALPHA_3 and the ALPHA_5 Builds, all resulting in the same behaviour.

What else I've tried:
- start HauntedIsland.exe as Administrator -> no difference
- start in compatibility mode for Windows 8 and 7 -> no difference
- rename muParser.dll to MuParser.dll -> no difference
- copy the complete game directory HI_Launcher_32 (including HauntedIsland.cmd, bin and autoupdate) to a flash drive and run it on a Windows 7 machine -> works perfectly fine (i.e. game starts and tutorials starts)

So I think my game files are correct and complete but there must be a problem loading the DLL under Windows 10. When I remove muParser.dll (or rename it) the error in the log is:
[E] 23:19:03 <Unity> DllNotFoundException: MuParser

When I use the correctly named (and sized) muParser.dll the error in the log is as follows:
[E] 23:21:04 <Unity> DllNotFoundException: C:/Users/Maxi/Documents/HI_Launcher_32/bin/HauntedIsland_Data/Plugins/MuParser.dll

Both error messages are followed by the identical stackstrace. This makes me think that the error message is wrong and the DLL is found but can not be used or something...

Are you building the Alpha on Windows 7 and have you tried/tested the standalone build on any other platforms than Windows 7? Is there any particular Version of .NET required (I have Windows 10 Feature .NET Framework 3.5 (includes 3.0 and 2.0) installed)?

[HT]Benjamin
Programmer

Postby [HT]Benjamin » Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:00 pm

I think your system might be missing a runtime DLL. We just built a new version of the DLL that doesn't have this dependency. Can you please try to replace it and see if it works now?
Attachments
muParser.zip
(332.11 KiB) Downloaded 180 times

[HT]Benjamin
Programmer

Postby [HT]Benjamin » Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:12 pm

Since someone else had the same problem today, I just uploaded a hotfix patch. You don't need to manually apply the patch anymore, just run the Launcher again and it should install the new version.

MaxS

Postby MaxS » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:35 pm

Dis the autoupdate, the game is now starting and running correctly. Thanks for the quick fix!

Return to “Bug Reports”