Improvements I would like to see

Provide feedback to our game designers. Is the game too easy or too hard? Is someting boring or frustrating? Is there a game mechanic that you like particularly?
nasiputi

Improvements I would like to see

Postby nasiputi » Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:55 pm

Let me start off by saying I am very much enjoying this game. It's fun and its fresh.

There are however some things I would like to see added or changed to make it even better:
1. CAMERA MOVEMENT
a. Camera movement currently feel a little off and sluggish. I am not sure exactly what causes this but I think it is because the camera is on a set of fixed rails. This makes moving around feel off and at times more difficult than it would need to be.
b. There is no ability to zoom in or out. This makes micro managing some larger maps with elevation differences harder than it needs to be.
2. GAMEPLAY
a. The game stops playing on its own when you alt tab to the desktop. Given the fact that this game has many very long levels 100+ waves this has to change. The game has to run on its own in the background if you alt tab or if it loses focus.
3. MORE GAME SPEED OPTIONS
Currently there are only 2 game speed options and they are both in a usable but sub optimal state in my opinion. 2x is far to fast to actually control things if the game is hard and 1x is slow for any situation other than needing 100 micromanagement. Nonetheless both these speeds do a certain job well. 1x is good for when you need to control everything and 2x is great for when you zoom through everything but the hardest bosses.
I would like to see more game speed options (this is in relation to 1x and 2x as baselines):
- 1x leave as is
- 2x make it about 40% from current 1x to 2x (1.4x)
- 4x make it about 80% from current 1x to 2x (1.8x)
- 8x Make it about 50% faster than current 2x (3x)
Let people choose which of these speeds they want to have active via a checkmark menu so that people can choose to for example have all 4 in game or only pick their 2 favorites.
4. WOLFBOY
The wolfboy (Wylde) seems extremely underwhelming compared to all other towers. He would need significant buffs to be on par in my opinion.

Those are the two most pressing issues I came across in the game.
Have a good day,
NasiPuti

[HT]Kevin
Game Designer

Re: Improvements I would like to see

Postby [HT]Kevin » Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:07 pm

Thanks for your great feedback! We are looking into it.

What do you think of the current Endless Mode? Do you like it?

As for the wolfboy - just play around with his Rune setup a bit - you might still find him quite powerful - he is especially effective with On hit Runes.

Xtomas

Postby Xtomas » Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:23 pm

Hi i love your game i have just one suggestion . When in Multiplayer (PvP) start new league (7day) would be possible to remember hero skill a runes which I place on them in previous week? It is little bit annoying setting up your Heroes every week again and again. I wish more people play multi and coop it very hard to find opponent / friend.

Tomas

[HT]Kevin
Game Designer

Postby [HT]Kevin » Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:07 pm

Thanks for the suggestion! We'll look into it!

Xtomas

Postby Xtomas » Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:44 pm

Hi I am curetting playing a lot of endless mode in Hero Defense – Haunted. Usually I end in top 10. In current state of game endless mode is about using (abusing) Mob justice! rune, because nothing else work on higher lvl waves ( 40+). Jack ability Instant kill is helping only little, because of number of creeps, (and as far I can tell oh higher waves it stops working on champions units).

Would be possible to do something about it?
For example crate some new type of epic rune which who’d give player new option.
Or create special combo when you activate to different hero strikes in same time.
Or you can do some type of super skill which could hero use after all his ability are lvl 5. (My 78 lvl Borrows is sad because he has 34 point which he can’t use).
Or something completely different.
It would be nice to have different possibility to beat high lvl whit something else then Angry mob :-).

Tom.
P.S. I like your game

[HT]Kevin
Game Designer

Postby [HT]Kevin » Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:05 pm

Hey Xtomas!
Glad to hear you like the game (please consider writing a review if you havn't done so yet :D)

We are planning to look a bit more into the high Wave issues like you describe - I think the Heal and regeneration abilities make it really impossible in the end, so we want to see if we can tweak those a bit to make the game a bit less focused on only the Angry Mob rune.
What do you think of that ?

Xtomas

Postby Xtomas » Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:20 pm

[HT]Kevin wrote:Hey Xtomas!
Glad to hear you like the game (please consider writing a review if you havn't done so yet :D)

We are planning to look a bit more into the high Wave issues like you describe - I think the Heal and regeneration abilities make it really impossible in the end, so we want to see if we can tweak those a bit to make the game a bit less focused on only the Angry Mob rune.
What do you think of that ?

Hi that sound grate. I whoud love that.

Return to “Game Design”