Legendary Gems

Provide feedback to our game designers. Is the game too easy or too hard? Is someting boring or frustrating? Is there a game mechanic that you like particularly?
caseybvdc74

Legendary Gems

Postby caseybvdc74 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:51 am

Is there only the lighting bolt gem? It took me forever to save up for just one gem and I got that one and found it useless. Then played for hours trying to get a different gem but got that one two more times. Please add more if that is the only one.

[HT]Kevin
Game Designer

Re: Legendary Gems

Postby [HT]Kevin » Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:44 pm

Hey Casey -- There is one more Legendary Rune.

Why don't you like the Hero's strike rune?

caseybvdc74

Postby caseybvdc74 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:45 pm

You can only use it when you level up. It's kinda a waste to just use it once be done with it.

CuCu99

Postby CuCu99 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:17 am

caseybvdc74 wrote:You can only use it when you level up. It's kinda a waste to just use it once be done with it.

Put it on your last rune slot, then you can use it infinite time.

Carionis

Postby Carionis » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:26 am

I have to agree.

I would like the gem to open some sort of "charge up" instead of using the "level up".
To explain: Currently, when you "level up / charge" a hero, that activates the rune. What I would like is that it unlocks a secondary "charge" which is filled on a separate counter and you can decide when to use the strike/angry mob. A kill counter or a timer would work as well.

Right now, basic powerups (consecration, extra projectiles, etc.) give way more long term benefits than a single hero strike or angry mob ever could.

Legendary runes are very underwhelming at the moment. It felt so great getting the first and it was a massive dissapointment. I'm solely looking for epic runes at the moment, which give huge boosts right off the bat and, even better, the boost stays and doesn't just disappear after a few seconds.

A really great legendary rune would be something like "+1 to special skill", like Gatekeeper for Jane, Curse or Burn for Sam, Ricochet for Jack, Freeze for Barrows, or so on.

Quizer

Postby Quizer » Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:33 pm

I have to agree that the legendary runes seem less appealing than they could be, simply because they do not make the hero using them stronger. They probably still have their place - angry mobs *are* powerful, and if you put the rune in an eternity slot, you can keep using it as you buy more hero levels. I haven't seen the second legendary rune yet, but I assume that its power level is on a par with angry mob.

Still, my first instinct is that the purple level of 'regular' runes is more desirable, simply because they make your hero get permanently stronger for the rest of the level, which the legendary runes don't have.

Return to “Game Design”