[Suggestion] Add level 1 rune slots

Provide feedback to our game designers. Is the game too easy or too hard? Is someting boring or frustrating? Is there a game mechanic that you like particularly?
Quizer

[Suggestion] Add level 1 rune slots

Postby Quizer » Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:40 pm

Suggestion Summary: Add level 1 rune slots to each character which are active as soon as you put the hero into play

Type: Gameplay
Annoyance Level: Medium
Annoyance Frequency: Minor
Difficulty: Minor
Controversy: Game balance

One of the problems with the rune upgrade system is that while you can customize the characters, they don't start out that way, and the game doesn't tend to give you enough starting Orbs to upgrade a character immediately to level 2. This often results in immediately losing the map if you put down a character which does not have a type advantage against the first wave, and being unable to quickly fix your mistake by generating enough Orbs with that first character's hits to summon another hero. True, you can upgrade their skills at the academy, which does have an effect, but in my (early-game) experience, it does not tend to be enough.

I think it might be nice to be able to have level 1 rune slots for each character, which apply their effects as soon as you put the hero into play. To preserve game balance, this might require removing the level 5 slots and just going directly from level 4 to the infinity rune slot. Or you can add another slot. I'm not sure if that would be too powerful... you'll have to decide that yourself.

[HT]Kevin
Game Designer

Re: [Suggestion] Add level 1 rune slots

Postby [HT]Kevin » Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:45 am

Its a good suggestion, thanks!
We'll have to look into it - it would of course mean that most levels would need to be re-balanced, especially at the first few waves, as the heroes will be stronger there.

Return to “Game Design”