[Question] Jane and the "+Projectile" rune?

Provide feedback to our game designers. Is the game too easy or too hard? Is someting boring or frustrating? Is there a game mechanic that you like particularly?
Carionis

[Question] Jane and the "+Projectile" rune?

Postby Carionis » Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:00 am

:?: Does she get extra jumps? Does she get any benefit out of them at all?

Quizer

Re: [Question] Jane and the "+Projectile" rune?

Postby Quizer » Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:58 pm

I wondered about this as well. What are the benefits of giving Jane extra projectiles? I'm assuming it's not completely useless, but how does the bonus manifest since she does melee attacks instead of shooting?

[HT]Kevin
Game Designer

Postby [HT]Kevin » Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:14 pm

Yes, she gets extra Jumps - which also means that her effective range is increased.

Quizer

Postby Quizer » Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:52 pm

Hm... I guess that means it is useful, but probably still not as good as additional projectiles on most other characters, at least those who can hit the same enemy multiple times per volley.

By the way, if I click an enemy to focus on it, that really seems to screw with Jane's targeting, especially if the enemy is not within her nominal range. You see her jumping down on the path then jumping back up, over and over, wasting tons of time.

[HT]Kevin
Game Designer

Postby [HT]Kevin » Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:01 pm

Yeah, we'll have to look into that -- Tough her always jumping back is quite useful once you have skilled the "Gatekeeper" Skill.

Carionis

Postby Carionis » Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:38 pm

Thanks for the answer. I feel this should go into a tooltip or maybe you should make an extra "book" in the town hall on the effects of runes.

Frypster

Postby Frypster » Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:01 pm

Quizer wrote:Hm... I guess that means it is useful, but probably still not as good as additional projectiles on most other characters, at least those who can hit the same enemy multiple times per volley.

By the way, if I click an enemy to focus on it, that really seems to screw with Jane's targeting, especially if the enemy is not within her nominal range. You see her jumping down on the path then jumping back up, over and over, wasting tons of time.

With the gatekeeper talent I guess you always want her jumping? That does the most damage!

Quizer

Postby Quizer » Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:07 pm

Frypster wrote:With the gatekeeper talent I guess you always want her jumping? That does the most damage!

I dunno... she can swing her bat like 5-6 times at least in the time it takes her to leave the path and jump back down. I haven't reached the very high levels yet, so I'm not sure what it'll be like with the maxed out skill, but at the lower levels it seems more like a liability.

Carionis

Postby Carionis » Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:34 pm

Gatekeeper is awesome.

However, the +jumps only affects her "teleporting" between mobs and it only counts as a "Gatekeeper Jump" if she returns to her standing spot. At least that has been my experience. So if you want her "Gatekeeping" at maxx, you should probably not invest in +projectiles and rather into attack speed. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Return to “Game Design”