Investment?

Any discussions about Hero Defense that don't fit any other category.
Quizer

Investment?

Postby Quizer » Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:41 pm

Some of the loading screen hints and stuff in the encyclopedia and / or things the mayor says all seem to imply that the bank will pay interest on my gold somehow? Is this true, and if yes, how does it work? If it is not true, why does the game say these things?

[HT]Kevin
Game Designer

Re: Investment?

Postby [HT]Kevin » Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:20 am

Yeah - thats some artifacts that are left from what the bank did before - sorry! We'll fix it!

Quizer

Postby Quizer » Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:22 pm

That actually sounds like an interesting, if possibly impractical and / or abusable thing for the bank to do. The bank currently seems a bit bland to me. If you aren't in need of gems, there's no reason to ever visit it. It might be cool to have some kind of investment feature there, above and beyond upgrading the bank to make gems cheaper. Either more infrastructure upgrade-type things, or some kind of investment like what apparently used to be in the game, where you spend or temporarily tie up gold in expectation of getting more gold / other resources later. It could probably be balanced to not be completely game-breaking if you base it on completing maps or XP earned or something like that. Maybe also limit how much can be invested depending on the upgrade level of the bank, or put in diminishing returns if a lot of gold is invested. There's only so much economy to take advantage of in that tiny town, right?

How did it use to work and why did you remove it? (My guess would be that it was too easy to abuse, but I have no idea.)

[HT]Kevin
Game Designer

Postby [HT]Kevin » Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:34 pm

Yeah, it used work almost exactly as you describe it - you put in gold, after X time more gold comes out - Upgrading the bank gives you bigger slots that are more effective but take longer.
But yeah - its too easily abusable and by abusing it the whole game economy would be destroyed.

Return to “General Discussion”